COCONUT CREPES WITH APRICOT AND LIME CREAM
I developed this recipe 2 days ago and it is such a delicious success that yesterday and until lunch today, we ate this for dessert.
I am not a big fan of crepes tasting nothing more like eggs and flour, so I developed a crepe recipe that incorporates coconut cream partially replacing the milk. And what I ended up with is a more flavorful and a bit more tropical version of the sophisticated Parisian thin pancake. -j.m
For the Coconut Crepes
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Apricot and Lime Cream
1 cup heavy cream, semi-chilled
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
6 tablespoons apricot preserve
1 cup powdered sugar
zest of 1 lime
1. In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, milk, vanilla, melted butter, sugar and eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then sift directly over the bowl with the coconut cream-egg mixture. Whisk until most (if not all) of the flour mixture is dissolved in the liquid ingredients.
3. To make your crepe batter very smooth and absolutely free of flour lumps, strain the batter 3 times.
4. Let the crepe batter rest inside the chiller/fridge for 1 hour covered with cling.
Apricot and Lime Cream
1. In a medium size mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream, softened butter, powdered sugar and apricot preserve with a wire whisk or hand mixer.
2. Fold in the lime zest.
Cooking the Crepes
1. Prepare your crepe station! :)
Small Teflon skillet
Small off-set spatula/palette knife
Pastry brush (preferably Silicon… it is heat resistant)
Additional softened butter to grease the skillet
Plate and paper towels (to occasionally wipe/clean the skillet)
2. Heat your skillet to medium-high heat. Once skillet is heated take away from heat and brush with a very minimum amount of butter.
3. With the skillet still away from the heat, pour 3/4 full ladle of crepe batter onto the skillet and immediately swirl the batter clockwise, making sure that the batter thinly and evenly coats the skillet. Return the skillet to the heat and cook each side for 30-40 seconds.
4. Use the off-set spatula to loosen the sides of the crepe. Once one side is cooked… You go Flip it! :) and cook the other side.
*Crepes should be just a bit thicker than a sheet of paper or as thin as the sides of your palette knife.
5. Assemble the crepes.
Makes 16 filled crepes, 8 servings (2 pieces/person)
61 Notes/ Hide
- hifromneptune likes this
- in-essentia likes this
- isli likes this
- littlefreeman likes this
- bartmantes likes this
- kathyla likes this
- ephemeralstars reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- ephemeralstars likes this
- babyfly likes this
- beingwithoutlight likes this
- in-essentia reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- loversandlushes reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- thelostgiraffe likes this
- collegeculinary likes this
- tktc likes this
- loversandlushes likes this
- summeravon reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- lushlady likes this
- cookbakeeat likes this
- michellelsun likes this
- ocandrew2 likes this
- theurbaneater reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- a12icia likes this
- nurshakina reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- thegoodart likes this
- lilaznmelz likes this
- saturdaynightvlog likes this
- photoblogged likes this
- hugeinjapan likes this
- superculinaryadventuretimes said: Wowwww, that filling looks gorgeous! I can’t wait to make some of these next weekend :D
- jaycebelle likes this
- monsieurrenard likes this
- zombie28 likes this
- rubivizcarra reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- nowuseeme likes this
- peegaw likes this
- 100drine86 reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- trishmarieco likes this
- sstussy reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- doesnotworkwellwithothers likes this
- vinalim likes this
- republiczero likes this
- code-sheep likes this
- waltzingmatildablog likes this
- sarahsamudre likes this
- meditationxi likes this
- confessionsofana-mie likes this