Smoky Baked Potato Wedges with Hickory Smoked Bacon served with Spanish Red
I like comfort foods but I like comfort cooking more. My self-definition of comfort cooking is to cook something easy yet pleasurable in all aspects - doing the cooking at a convenient time, cozy atmosphere in the kitchen, ingredients that are pleasurable to eat as they are or put together to create something of a hearty dish, a blissful eating experience which, really, can be instantly achieved when all your heart and attention are focused only at the promise of bite after bite of satisfying morsels of starch, and cheese and Bacon.
These baked, cheesy potato wedges are flavoured with Spanish sweet smoked paprika, olive oil, cream cheese and manchego cheese, topped with smoky hickory bacon bits and a dash more of pimenton dulce de la vera.
1 large potato (1/2 pound), scrubbed, unpeeled, quartered and boiled in slightly salted water until tender
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon good quality dijon mustard, Maille Fine de Dijon
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon Spanish sweet smoked paprika, Pimenton Dulce de la Vera
1/2 cup grated manchego cheese (or can substitute gruyere or swiss cheese), divided into 2 (1/4 cup), 1/4 cup to mix in the mash, 1/4 to sprinkle on top of the potatoes
salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
1/4 cup crisp hickory smoked bacon bits
1 Tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- While potatoes are still hot, scoop the flesh and put in a bowl.
- Mash potatoes and mix in extra virgin olive oil, softened cream cheese, dijon mustard, milk, Spanish sweet smoked paprika, chives, grated cheese and season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Spoon mixture on potato skin wedges, top with the remaining grated cheese and a few bits of bacon.
- Bake in a 375’F oven for 12-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and tops are browned.
- Top with remaining bacon bits and a few dashes of paprika (pimenton).
Makes 1-2 servings
* I paired this dish with a Spanish red wine Almez Tempranillo - acidic and fruity with blueberries and lilac notes which complimented the smokiness of this dish.
Goddess of Scrumptiousness Food Photography and Original Recipes by Jeannie Maristela are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at goddessofscrumptiousness.tumblr.com
117 Notes/ Hide
- evilgardengnomes likes this
- madame-biddle reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- kawaiikiana likes this
- isaiahlovesart likes this
- lmaopurple reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- alexcandr likes this
- temporaryfoodblogname reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- frankiemmmmk reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- fungrychunkymonkey likes this
- monimoana likes this
- monsterhater likes this
- carnevoyeur likes this
- usman124 likes this
- theresreasonininsanity likes this
- koketnibucanj reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness and added:
- melodieswhenurheartbeats likes this
- okinese89 likes this
- gastronomyandlifesotherpleasures likes this
- alibro54 likes this
- wholelotofyehet reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- wholelotofyehet likes this
- bestronganddrinktea likes this
- aperture24 likes this
- thisisforeground likes this
- l0tusflow3rbomb likes this
- eatwice reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- mrnuar likes this
- elngrl likes this
- el-do-ra-do likes this
- ace-a-la-carte likes this
- justineeex0 likes this
- evedenise92 likes this
- leitfot likes this
- jm6 likes this
- melrosegirl likes this
- julaay likes this
- laurabfernandez likes this
- 0rpheus likes this
- luststraightnochaser likes this
- toph3r likes this
- lilfyers likes this
- foodapp reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- sarahsundance likes this
- love2f likes this
- sweetmouth reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- elriz likes this
- dajavuphoto likes this
- dajavuphoto said: Mmm, bacon… thanks for this one Jeannie - we’re potato skins and wedges fans already, so might just try this way pf prep! :?)
- mchanphoto said: looks amazing! perfect for snacks ;)