Spaghetti in Garlic Gravy with Herbs and Lemon Marinated Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
This pasta recipe I came up spontaneously. And cooked this dish 30 minutes right after I conceptualized and imagined how the taste would be.
I just thought that lemon (juice and zest), thyme, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to marinate and flavour the chicken chunks would already make the meat so delish. I had a tray of cherry tomatoes in the chiller and the sauce… I figured that it would be wonderful if I can taste some chickeny goodness in the pasta itself, so I decided that instead of making a proper pasta sauce I’ll make a gravy (make that as the sauce), flavour it with a tiny hint of basil and some big savory punch of garlic.
500 grams spaghetti pasta (cooked al dente)
1 pound chicken breast fillets (skinless and boneless, sliced into 1 inch chunks)
For the chicken marinade:
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (if using dried, use half of the amount)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt (not table salt)
½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (to sauté the marinated chicken)
- Add all the marinade ingredients into the chicken and marinate for 20 minutes (if making this dish in pronto) or over night (if making this dish the next day… much better).
- Saute the marinated chicken in extra virgin olive oil until cooked (about 4-5 minutes) then set aside.
For the garlic gravy:
½ stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 large cloves garlic, finely minced
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 ½ cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup parsley, chopped (to sprinkle/finish the pasta)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- Place sauté pan over medium heat and add butter and olive oil.
- Saute garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken stock and simmer gravy until thickened then add the chopped basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauteed chicken in the gravy then toss the cooked spaghetti into this sauce.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and finish the dish with the chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese (serve extra on the side).
Makes 5-6 servings
Goddess of Scrumptiousness (Recipes and Food Photography by Jeannie Maristela-Gust) by Jeannie Maristela-Gust is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://goddessofscrumptiousness.tumblr.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://godofscrumprecipes.tumblr.com/
1339 Notes/ Hide
- zartlila likes this
- silviasasaki likes this
- matinlapin likes this
- phillihy likes this
- aditibharadwaj reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness and added:
- aditibharadwaj likes this
- monkeh2333 likes this
- s2-loves2 likes this
- pjsalready0n likes this
- little-redrock likes this
- sirkite likes this
- maia-j likes this
- mrfell reblogged this from wyrmteeth
- whitegirlfromthenorth likes this
- pussyglitterweed reblogged this from goodmorning-sunshineee
- amaletaamada likes this
- timecoast reblogged this from the-dylan-show
- kristynjillian reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- kristynjillian likes this
- nannasfood reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- bazeragojali likes this
- caatnipp likes this
- rakiijainjected reblogged this from beachesnraves
- beachesnraves reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- swimmiesofdoom likes this
- nightsilas reblogged this from violetpoof
- nightsilas likes this
- violetpoof reblogged this from dollsandcrafts
- dollsandcrafts reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- lovingsylvia likes this
- coeurdeglace likes this
- ameraofgothomcity likes this
- captainbobcat likes this
- marksm92 likes this
- the-endpapers likes this
- sweetdee14 reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- sweetdee14 likes this
- janebloggs likes this
- littletwirls reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- haveyoumetmyfriendted likes this
- ediblehappyness reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- theenchantedpocketwatch likes this
- drewgarrettinc likes this
- sandman6915 likes this
- kcmoscow reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- cookisastrongword reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- 68apani reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- getyousomemingness likes this
- time2getmotiv8d likes this
- claudiney515 reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness and added: