Spaghetti in Garlic Gravy with Herbs and Lemon Marinated Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
This pasta recipe I came up spontaneously. And cooked this dish 30 minutes right after I conceptualized and imagined how the taste would be.
I just thought that lemon (juice and zest), thyme, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to marinate and flavour the chicken chunks would already make the meat so delish. I had a tray of cherry tomatoes in the chiller and the sauce… I figured that it would be wonderful if I can taste some chickeny goodness in the pasta itself, so I decided that instead of making a proper pasta sauce I’ll make a gravy (make that as the sauce), flavour it with a tiny hint of basil and some big savory punch of garlic.
500 grams spaghetti pasta (cooked al dente)
1 pound chicken breast fillets (skinless and boneless, sliced into 1 inch chunks)
For the chicken marinade:
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (if using dried, use half of the amount)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt (not table salt)
½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (to sauté the marinated chicken)
- Add all the marinade ingredients into the chicken and marinate for 20 minutes (if making this dish in pronto) or over night (if making this dish the next day… much better).
- Saute the marinated chicken in extra virgin olive oil until cooked (about 4-5 minutes) then set aside.
For the garlic gravy:
½ stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 large cloves garlic, finely minced
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 ½ cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup parsley, chopped (to sprinkle/finish the pasta)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- Place sauté pan over medium heat and add butter and olive oil.
- Saute garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken stock and simmer gravy until thickened then add the chopped basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauteed chicken in the gravy then toss the cooked spaghetti into this sauce.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and finish the dish with the chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese (serve extra on the side).
Makes 5-6 servings
Goddess of Scrumptiousness (Recipes and Food Photography by Jeannie Maristela-Gust) by Jeannie Maristela-Gust is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://goddessofscrumptiousness.tumblr.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://godofscrumprecipes.tumblr.com/
1273 Notes/ Hide
- mi-disco-eterno likes this
- thisstarkidwontgoout likes this
- hmthisisodd reblogged this from ymiirr
- sinistergauche likes this
- fearaworldwithoutthesun reblogged this from valedacem
- ymiirr reblogged this from valedacem
- ymiirr likes this
- valedacem reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- acmcc08 reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- acmcc08 likes this
- knguyennnnn likes this
- palatial likes this
- thatrandomthingon likes this
- djammamma likes this
- bullhonky reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- frogeprince likes this
- deliberatelyleftblank likes this
- nodildos-inthe-gokarts likes this
- pungoeshere likes this
- paraflinch likes this
- trivialarmageddons likes this
- frogeprincess likes this
- heal-myscars likes this
- spidersclaw reblogged this from babycricket
- ouijamodus likes this
- furbey-dead likes this
- babycricket reblogged this from ignotae
- siobhanfedden likes this
- audio-silence reblogged this from douchebag-under-the-sea
- misplacedpotato reblogged this from douchebag-under-the-sea
- misplacedpotato likes this
- clumsykath likes this
- colour--theory likes this
- turntechspockhead likes this
- babycricket likes this
- samakesdeanstrong likes this
- ofjareds likes this
- mangorumpuscandyfactory reblogged this from douchebag-under-the-sea
- mangorumpuscandyfactory likes this
- ibukirigiri reblogged this from douchebag-under-the-sea
- ibukirigiri likes this
- rescuemeandshowmethastars likes this
- neapean likes this
- floutist reblogged this from douchebag-under-the-sea
- floutist likes this
- eridans-boobs likes this
- whvermelon likes this
- tealtier likes this
- sophie-kitty reblogged this from douchebag-under-the-sea