Spaghetti in Garlic Gravy with Herbs and Lemon Marinated Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
This pasta recipe I came up spontaneously. And cooked this dish 30 minutes right after I conceptualized and imagined how the taste would be.
I just thought that lemon (juice and zest), thyme, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to marinate and flavor the chicken chunks would already make the meat so delish. I had a tray of cherry tomatoes in the chiller and the sauce… I figured that it would be wonderful if I can taste some chickeny goodness in the pasta itself, so I decided that instead of making a proper pasta sauce I’ll make a gravy (make that as the sauce), flavor it with a tiny hint of basil and some big savory punch of garlic.
500 grams spaghetti pasta (cooked al dente)
1 pound chicken breast fillets (skinless and boneless, sliced into 1 inch chunks)
For the chicken marinade:
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (if using dried, use half of the amount)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt (not table salt)
½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (to sauté the marinated chicken)
- Add all the marinade ingredients into the chicken and marinate for 20 minutes (if making this dish in pronto) or over night (if making this dish the next day… much better).
- Saute the marinated chicken in extra virgin olive oil until cooked (about 4-5 minutes) then set aside.
For the garlic gravy:
½ stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 large cloves garlic, finely minced
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 ½ cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup parsley, chopped (to sprinkle/finish the pasta)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- Place sauté pan over medium heat and add butter and olive oil.
- Saute garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken stock and simmer gravy until thickened then add the chopped basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauteed chicken in the gravy then toss the cooked spaghetti into this sauce.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and finish the dish with the chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese (serve extra on the side).
Makes 5-6 servings
Goddess of Scrumptiousness Food Photography and Original Recipes by Jeannie Maristela are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at goddessofscrumptiousness.tumblr.com
1113 Notes/ Hide
- butias likes this
- chichiis reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- welcometothegatewaylove reblogged this from nitrogenwhiskey
- griffinsandy likes this
- nourriture-et-fleurs likes this
- shit-happns likes this
- politikly-correct likes this
- politikly-correct reblogged this from nitrogenwhiskey
- welcometothegatewaylove likes this
- crownedqueenofprocrastination likes this
- nitrogenwhiskey reblogged this from draculactoseintolerant
- draculactoseintolerant reblogged this from the-joor-adar
- cat-withuh-laptop reblogged this from redeyedmutt
- cat-withuh-laptop likes this
- redeyedmutt likes this
- redeyedmutt reblogged this from the-joor-adar
- the-joor-adar reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- mrsretromama likes this
- bambi5225 reblogged this from low-calorie-kitchen
- nightmareinsouffle likes this
- chefkarkar likes this
- laninaseria likes this
- cat-addict likes this
- catydidit reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- dollyhello likes this
- 8237 likes this
- healthyisdivine likes this
- secretlylovenit likes this
- mainer42 reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- silviann reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- asidbrane likes this
- batsinmybrain likes this
- settleforsurprise likes this
- s0phisticatedst0ner likes this
- slimvixenssavior likes this
- littlerdp likes this
- pinkcloudsdriftinginthebluesky likes this
- matrodial likes this
- gedankenfallen likes this
- desireebubudesouza reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- cumberbabecupcake likes this
- blogwhiterose likes this
- lilac-lily-hearts likes this
- pig1182 reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- radderss reblogged this from hannah-noodles
- w-hy reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- tomoisjpn likes this
- hannah-noodles reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- hannah-noodles likes this