Summer Burst Of Color and Sweetness : Mango and Almond Muffins
I absolutely cannot stop my cheery disposition in welcoming the arrival of summer. To me, summer excites my creativity and I believe the abundance of sunlight is the one responsible for making me feel bright and very alarmingly feminine with how I style and make my dishes lighter with sharp bursts of color and flavor and well, lady-like charm!
Not only is my front yard alive with vibrant greens and big and small tropical flowers, but I love to wallow at the sight of plants so overly illuminated with the kind of sunlight which is just only custom made for the summer season.
Mangoes, specifically Philippine mangoes are the succulent and the sweetest indication that summer has arrived. The variety of mangoes we have here are very different from the mangoes grown and produced anywhere else in the world.
The Philippine mango I find has such generous sweetness and bright flavor, not to mention the sunniest yellow color that it is widely used in pies, cakes, muffins, quick bread and made as beverage (mango juice/nectar).
I love making muffins because for me muffins are the perfect pocket-snack anyone can take and eat anywhere, anytime.
These Mango and Almond muffins are wonderful to serve at an outdoor brunch or afternoon tea time (hot tea or iced tea… drinking iced tea at an afternoon tea time is a “rebellious act” for those who dare and don’t want to sweat more in the summer heat).
Mango and Almond Muffins
Preheat oven at 375’F, line a 12-cup medium muffin tin with baking paper.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup mangoes, small diced
2/3 cup dried mangoes, chopped
2/3 cup flaked almonds
1/4 cup melted butter
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon zest
-Sift together all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the diced fresh mangoes into the flour mixture and gently stir until mangoes are coated with flour.
-Mix together the dried mangoes and flaked almonds. Put half of it into the flour mixture and save half of it to top the muffins before baking.
-In another bowl, mix melted butter, egg, sour cream, evaporated milk, vanilla and lemon zest.
-Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly and briefly mix.
-Use a large ice cream scoop to fill each muffin cup with batter.
-Sprinkle the remaining half of the dried mango-almond mixture over each unbaked muffin.
-Bake for 20-25 minutes or when cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins
189 Notes/ Hide
- alexwyrwas likes this
- waldron2mary likes this
- fl0at0n0k likes this
- zeneyasworld likes this
- mirevanmanson likes this
- roguelouis reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- yashumash reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- babycakesbriauna reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- babycakesbriauna likes this
- timeofthew3ak likes this
- catzilab likes this
- sequinsupreme reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- secretxunicorn likes this
- amandapanda211 likes this
- kuunanilokelani likes this
- sicsinful reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- iamskinnypig reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- kurisah reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- aaliyahmoonchaser likes this
- xxlivingdeadgirl420xx likes this
- melsmerleawe likes this
- notlikethetiger likes this
- shrimpshrimp likes this
- missemedina likes this
- mostlikelypantsless likes this
- basimah-howaish likes this
- thesecretlifeofasupernerd likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- jazziepdot likes this
- rynafallon likes this
- surrealistic-insanity reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- flawed-yet-loved likes this
- 49thparallelblueskitchen likes this
- foodiheart reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- buenavistasupperclub likes this
- rulaxie reblogged this from wildstar25
- rulaxie likes this
- wildstar25 reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness
- everythingtasteslikepurple likes this
- boobsnsuch likes this
- szoosh likes this
- surrealistic-insanity likes this
- effyam likes this
- diretimes likes this
- armedwithaheart likes this
- ocandrew2 likes this
- dreaming-archer reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness and added:
- crazybeautifulnothing likes this
- dancingontherooftop likes this
- hunsonabadeer reblogged this from goddessofscrumptiousness